Miscellaneous Consular services
Important Notice : Miscellaneous Consular Service will be provided by the VFS Global w.ef. 15-7-2014. Application for any Misc Consular services (except those mention below) will not be accepted in High Commission/ Consulate after 15-7-2014
in any mode i.e by post or in person
The collection and delivery process ofa Passport, Visa, Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI) and Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) applications in Australia was outsourced to M/s India Passport and Visa Services Centre (IP&VSC) with effect from January 2008.
The collection and delivery process of Police Clearance Certificate and Indian Driving Licence Verification(IDLV) applications in Australia was outsourced to M/s India Passport and Visa Services Centre (IP&VSC) with effect from April 2010.
There are six IP&VSC offices in Australia located at Canberra, Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. All applicants for Passport, Visa, PCC, IDLV and OCI services are requested to approach IP&VSC office in their area (http://www.vfs-in-au.net
However, the High Commission in Canberra and the Consulates General in Sydney, Melbourne & Perth will continue to provide miscellaneous consular services and emergency visa services in extreme compassionate cases.
" The following services will be provided by VFS (IP&VSC offices ) w.e.f. 15-7-2014.”
- OCI Miscellaneous Services
- Registration of Birth
- Issue of Birth Certificate
- Renunciation of Indian Citizenship and Surrender of Indian Passports
- Endorsement of new passport details on PIO card
- Affidavit by a parent when applying for a child's Passport in India
- Transfer of valid Visas
- Issue of Marriage Certificate
- Attestation of Documents
Notice : Discontinuation
of Short Validity / Emergency Passport Services(9
The following Misc Consular Services will be provided by High Commission Of India, Canberra / Consulate General of India Sydney / Melbourne/ Perth
- Emergency Certificate
- Life Certificate, Papers pertaining to Pensions
- Certification required for transport of mortal remains/ashes to India
- Issue of Death Certificate